8:45 CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST AND REGISTRATION
9:15 WELCOME & OVERVIEW
9:30 - 10:30 KEYNOTE PRESENTATION: Bringing it all together - Trends in Instructional Innovation with Tim Fish, Chief Innovation Officer, National Association of Independent Schools
Tim has visited hundreds of independent schools in his career. He’s found pockets of innovation in every one. In this presentation, he will share his take on the commonalities that connect impactful classroom innovations. Tim will look at cultural commonalities and will highlight student work.
10:45 - 12:00 SESSION 1: Mapping your Day Hikes - Tracking innovation in your school and team with Tim Fish, Chief Innovation Officer, National Association of Independent Schools
Innovation is alive and well in our schools. Mapping day hikes is a process schools can use to identify, celebrate, and learn from innovative experiments that are happening in our schools. During this session, Tim will guide participants through the process and will give them the materials they need to run a similar process with their teams.
12:00 - 12:45 LUNCH
12:45 - 1:30 SESSION 2: The Best Version of Yourself - Discussions and Presentations: Learn strategies to design, cultivate and support a map to growth and innovation
Join a group of like-minded CAIS educators to discuss the initial steps required to start an innovative curricular unit or program. Sessions will include, but are not limited to:
• Using Literature to Inspire Design Thinking (STEAM initiatives) in Early Childhood Classrooms
• Mindfulness in the Classroom
• Developing an Innovation Center and Entrepreneurship Course
• J Term--a week-long experience for freshman that uses project-based learning to explore problems in
• Advanced Science & Research
• Using Archives for Teaching and Learning
• Student Engagement: What's My Story?...write well, edit often.
• Educational and Assistive Technologies to Engage Students with Learning Differences
• Immigrant Stories Project: Building Empathy, Community, and Language Skills
• Architecture: A Portal into Design Thinking
• Using Local History: Real-Life Applications of the Research Process
1:45 - 2:30 SESSION 3: Repeat of Session 2