Fraser Woods Montessori is seeking to hire a dynamic and skilled Middle School (Grades 6-8) humanities (English and History) teacher to join our faculty for the 2017-18 school year. Candidates must have a language arts background and possess a passion and zeal for working with middle school students.
· Bachelors degree and/or graduate degree related to English, History, or the teaching of language arts
· Passion for working with middle school students
· 3-5 years’ experience teaching middle school students
· Experience in independent schools
· Experience in Montessori schools or with the Montessori methodology
· Masters degree in a related field
About the Fraser Woods Montessori School
Established in 1968, FWM is a toddler through grade 8th grade, co-educational independent school located in the historic town of Newtown, Connecticut. FWM serves approximately 145 students on a beautiful 8 acre campus. The Middle School follows a more traditional, independent school model while remaining true to FWM’s Montessori values that are more prominent in the lower grades. FWM provides a challenging educational environment while also focusing on the social-emotional needs of children ages 15 months to 14 years of age.